Monday, March 7, 2011

Bathroom Monologue: Caller Id


I used to have Caller ID. It broke and now I'm left with caller id, which only tells me what the person wants. I have to guess who'd want that thing. If it's "Sexual" then it's probably not Mom, but Mom could want anything. "Your location," "To see you," "To talk for half an hour about wallpaper" - all of these could be covert Mom calls. She can even fake what she wants. Twice now she's pretended "To help pay off student loans" just to nag me about doing my laundry at her place. Dad's never like that. He only calls "To bitch about the Yankees" or "To get you to call your mother."

9 comments:

  1. LAUGHING. OUT. LOUD!!!!! Hilarious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so filled with vast adoration for this. Vast amusement as well, of course, but you got this so dead on. Mom really could want ANYthing - especially to randomly talk about wallpaper for half an hour. Or, in some cases, about how they now KNOW that cell phones will give you brain cancer. Moms are so unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Sneaky mom. I think caller id would be kinda fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. I think I would find this kind of caller id a lot more useful than one that just shows who's calling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as people like Mom don't figure out how to manipulate the system, this is a useful feature indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, my mom would totally work the system. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Now *this* is a service I'd pay for, though I'm not sure it would make me like phones any better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *LOL* Really cute, John-o.
    Women are born with this Caller ID, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to get this now. :D

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008