Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bathroom Monologue: Full Body-Waxed Stubbornness


“Would it make you feel any better if I shaved my head? Because I'll do it. I mean, not right here. I'll go to the bathroom and do it now if you want, though. Or Hell, sure, I'll do it here on the sofa. Just let me go get my razor. I wish I’d bought an electric – do I have time to buy an electric? I’ll do it just with the Mach-3 if that’s what you want. If it will make you laugh or make you feel more comfortable. I don't mind. Of course it's more suitable for men to go hairless, so maybe that doesn't seem like such a big gesture. What if I go around pantsless? I can shave my crotch, too. That’s less normal for guys. I could do a full-body wax, though then I’ll definitely have to leave the sofa to go buy appropriate materials. I’m just saying, you won’t go bald alone if you don’t want to. Chemo hasn’t got shit on my stubbornness. My pantsless, full body-waxed stubbornness.”

7 comments:

  1. This is entertaining - and charming on so many levels. Very Gestalt - you captured more than just what the words say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the speaker sympathizes and still sounds tough. Realistic, feel-good piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very touching tough love at a very tough time.
    Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming??? Oh, Chuck, I'm starting to get worried about you. O.o

    Funny piece, John, in a disturbing way. (which is a compliment, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008