Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bathroom Monologue: Don't Smile


"Quite often now I hear that people who smile too much are hiding something. They are likely stupid or unable to handle reality, and are thus untrustworthy. I wonder on this, because it strikes me that folk who frown too much aren’t hiding enough. Your marriage sucks? Your job sucks? Man, if you can’t handle that, then you aren’t trustworthy. A reasonable person can suppress mundane struggles and go around smiling to strangers. It’s that facial whiner who frowns because his train is ten minutes late that I won’t trust with an account. I expect every employee hates some aspect of his or her life. Smiling despite it is a sign you can handle your load."

1 comment:

  1. Coming late to the party I was surprised to see no comments. And then I realised, damned if you do, damned if you don't. So consider me smiling stupidly at you.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008