Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bathroom Monologue: Ninja in the Chapel



“Listen, we have to make this quick, because my brother’s eldest daughter is getting married in ten minutes. I know where your ninja are. There are twelve, counting the two out here – one behind the statue of St. Aloysius, and one in the rafters over my head. I’m guessing you intended to execute me along with my brother and his family. I haven’t told many people because I don’t want to spoil the weekend.

“So let’s make this quick. I poisoned your crepes this morning with an extract from a newly discovered species of jellyfish. I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to darken the afternoon, and I figured if you were polite at the wedding, then I’d put the antidote in your cake at the reception. It blends seamlessly with syrups and icings.

“So. If you don’t make a stir, and all of your invisible assassins remain unseen, I’ll hand you a piece of cake in an hour and we’ll go home. I’ll even write the names of your three associates who I’ve similarly poisoned today on your napkin so you can go about saving them, or letting them die and taking their place. Don’t rush into the decision now. It’s a wedding day. This should be something special.

“And where are you sitting?”

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! Big love for this story :) Great little details make it big, like the jellyfish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Loved it - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Sylvia, I love the details in this. Never has a day when nothing unusual happened been more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Counter est. March 2, 2008